Thursday, November 7, 2013

Burlap Wreath with video

I love doing crafts, especially easy ones like this burlap wreath!




First start with a wire wreath. I used the 20 inch from hobby lobby. It was $3.99 and I used a 40% off coupon. 





It takes 2 spools of burlap ribbon 15 feet long. You could use more if you want it fluffier. 
Hobby Lobby had the spools on sale for 50% at $4.99

I bought some random picks that I liked. Depending on which holiday the options are endless. 
I picked Pumpkins, a pear, a flower, and the spike-y feather like things. The flower and the pear were pricy. ($4.99 :) but you can use the 40% off coupon or shop just after the season ends).

Start by looping the ribbon around the middle wire- you can secure it with a twist tie. I didn't have any so it really isn't necessary. 
then begin looping the burlap through the wire. Do it randomly so that the wire won't show.
 





Materials: 
20in wire wreath
2 spools 15 ft burlap
4-6 picks to add 
Hot Glue Gun
Total Cost- about $20 
Total Time- about an hour and a half. 


This started out as a Happy Birthday  gift to my girlfriend. 
Instead of a general gift, I put all the ingredients for a burlap wreath in a gift bag. We had a girls craft night, filled with wine, cheese, pita cracker's and hummus. I bought myself duplicate items and we started crafting. It didn't take long to figure out that we needed 2 spools of burlap. So we worked on hers because I wanted her to have it. :) 

She hung hers on her living room mirror above her mantle so that she could enjoy it at all times.... Love that! 




Here is my little helper Gracie & some added photos! 








Don't forget to leave a COMMENT below!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment